What is Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 are the productivity tools designed to help each of us achieve what matters, in our work and life, with best-in-class Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and advanced security.
At its heart is Office itself – the familiar versions of Office apps businesses use everyday – now offered as a real time cloud based service if your business is connected to the internet, so it’s always up to date. But the Microsoft 365 Family is so much more than just MS Office apps.
It’s about bringing corporate-grade services including, message encryption, productivity applications to business and enterprises of all sizes, from online meetings to sharing documents to business-class email, including the operating system platform within Office 365 plans included to create Microsoft 365.
Microsoft Teams Benefits
As a direct result of decades of development Microsoft 365 Teams remains the global leader in Office Productivity for business, personal and home use. The Covid-19 pandemic has cemented the role of Office as the leading enabler of work from home capabilities, especially with the growing use of Microsoft Teams allowing corporate teams to collaborate and communicate like never before.
Microsoft Teams delivers real-time chat, document sharing and zoom style video conferencing for both internal and external access. Key benefits includes the ‘Quick Question’, why wait for a delayed reply by email when you have a quick question, with Teams you can reach out and get an immediate response improving productivity.
This is only the tip of the iceberg when considering the immense benefits Microsoft Teams brings to information sharing and productivity gains for businesses making it the #1 productivity tool for growing your business and reducing your costs.
Benefits of the Microsoft 365 family includes:
- Microsoft 365 Apps and Services, Office Applications and Services (Versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access and Outlook) also available on web and mobile apps platforms including mobile devices running IOS and Android.
- Hosted exchange online: email and shared calendars in Microsoft 365 business plans.
- Skype for Business which allows you to communicate internally and externally.
- ATP, or Advanced Threats Protection is an optional Advanced Security feature to protect your business.
- SharePoint Cloud Hosting.
- 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage (OneDrive for Business).
- Microsoft Teams which is a platform that allows you to collaborate with colleagues and assign roles or tasks aiding Work from Home (WFH) applications.
- Email hosting (email address) and custom domain name, e.g ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- Use your MS Office 365 subscription service fully installed on up to 5 devices (phones, tablets and PC’s) and pick up where you left off away from the office allowing for better device management (Not just PC only)
How many users are supported?
Office 365 for Business plans cater for up to 300 users and allow for 5 devices for each user. This means each user can have Office installed on your computer, their laptop, home computer and install Office on 2 other devices if desired.
What are the new Microsoft Office 365 plans called?
- Business Essentials is now Business Basic
- Business Premium is now Business Standard
- Business is now Business Premium
- Business is now Apps for business
How can we help?
Milnsbridge Managed Services offers easy access to the Microsoft 365 family on flexible monthly plans with complete license management and support in conjunction with our monthly Managed IT Services offering.
At Milnsbridge we completely manage your Microsoft 365 plans for you including day-to-day license allocations, user management and configuration. If your IT company finds this too difficult you need a new IT company 😉
We also provide Office365 migration services from Microsoft Exchange Server. This creates a stress free and smooth migration for your business. Milnsbridge have helped all of its existing and new customers migrate to Office 365, many of these including private schools, charities and small businesses. *Prices per user month including GST if applicable, refer to payment and billing page for details.
To find out more about Microsoft 365 apps for business call Milnsbridge today to speak to a Microsoft Certified Team Member on 1300 300 293
Read more on our Microsoft 365 blogs