Though the Coronavirus situation has been slowly improving, Milnsbridge, like many IT companies in Sydney, have prioritised the health and safety of our team and our clients. Therefore, over the last three months, we have implemented new practices and measures in the office, these measures will continue to change as things such as on-site maintenance and onsite IT support visits return. As of June, the following measures have been taken.
Around the Office
Our proactive Coronavirus measures begin in the Milnsbridge office. Our implemented practices are:
- Providing supplies to staff in the office such as anti-bacterial wipes, hand sanitiser, hand soap, disposable gloves, and disinfectant spray.
- Introduced new low/no touch garbage bins and water coolers.
- Installed new hand washing/drying facilities and signage in meal rooms and bathrooms.
- Enforcing social distancing around the office with signage.
- Spacing and rearranging staff seating to avoid densely packed common areas. Similarly, desk partitions have also been heightened.
In addition, we have limited face-to-face meetings, instead encouraging remote meetings via Microsoft Teams. We have also created safe procedures for receiving goods and parcels from couriers and customers.
Coronavirus Measures for the Milnsbridge Team
We have also taken steps to ensure the health and well-being of our team and by extension, our customers in future interactions. These steps include:
- Implementing hand-hygiene and personal hygiene expectations both in-office and on-site.
- Supplying PPE kits to team members who perform on-site maintenance and other off-site duties. These kids include hand sanitiser, cleansing wipes & sprays, face masks, disposable gloves, and eye protection.
- Lessening contact with high-touch equipment such as keyboards and mice when on-site by providing the team with their own personal mouse and keyboard.
- Temporarily adjust scheduled on-site maintenance visits in accordance with the client’s needs which may include conducting maintenance on a remote basis.
- Encouraging the Milnsbridge team to practice social distancing, minimise contact where possible and use their supplied PPE kits when on-site.
- Work closely with clients to enable and deploy secure remote access systems when working from home.
- Perform audits of home systems and make recommendations to best ensure a safe working from home environment.
- Working closely with clients who have been forced to close due to government restrictions to temporarily reduce their IT expenses.
- Communicated with clients in relation to COVID-19 cyber-security campaigns targeting users working from home.
- Assisting clients to deploy and use collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
Stay up to date with the latest Covid-19 updates here.